I've been trying to read the Bible to the kids daily. Happy and Lil Miss both seem to really enjoy the time when we read it.
However, one particular day this past week, Happy was a little extra spunky and aggressive. (Read: Unhappy about one thing or another. Greatly displeased.)
So he took it out on me and the Bible.
I could tell that he (eventually) felt remorseful because he helped me tape the pages back together.
I love my little ones more than words can express, even on the most trying of days.
And we've had some doozies lately, folks.
Humdingers.
I find it ironic that the page that was torn was the page detailing Jesus' crucifixion. You know, the whole Jesus died on the cross for our sins thing. We do so desperately need him, don't we? Especially when we are angry at our mom or frustrated at our precious son. What a sweet reminder within a frustrating moment with Happy.
Thankful for grace and mercy,
'licious

No comments:
Post a Comment