shabby 4

Friday, September 16, 2011

Fess Up Friday-My Sweet Happy Boy

Photobucket

It's been a while since I did any fessin' up.  It's not for lack of fess up worthy events; just a lack of time and energy to sit down and type them up. 

My sweet Happy.

 1. Out of desperation, I have started to bribe motivate Happy with oreos to poop in the potty.  You poop in potty, you get an oreo.

The ac wasn't working for a few days and the HVAC gentleman was downstairs yesterday fixing the ac while I was trying to encourage said child to poo so he could take his nap.  The need to poo was keeping him awake.  And making me slightly (totally) nuts.  Because apparently if you are withholding poo, it makes you extra wild and crazy and insane-like.

And I reminded Happy of the incentive.  Many times.

Because I knew he was holding back on me. Or, really, on the potty.

And I needed him to nap.

The HVAC gentleman heard all the bribery through the baby monitor that was on the kitchen counter, a few feet from the ac thingy.  I am sure he thinks I am a stellar parent.

2. A few days ago, Happy pooped in the potty 6 times within a couple of hours.  That means 6 cookies.  I held to my word and gave him a cookie each time. 

Maybe he stores up so he can get many cookies within a small time frame?

3. To Happy, everything that is not a standard issue car is either a po-wease car (police car) or a boo bus (school bus).  I try to correct him and tell him whatever said vehicle is (tractor, garbage truck, truck, etc).  He just keeps repeating boo bus or po-wease car until I eventually give in and agree that the bubble gum pink Hummer is, in fact, a po-wease car. He is always super pleased that I have seen the error in my ways and admit my wrongful labeling of said vehicle.

4. Happy ADORES Maranimal's kids, Sassy and Jenksy.  Borderline obsessive.  He speaks of them non-stop, especially Sassy.

To appreciate the following, you have to know that Maranimal is a Sonic gal, just like me. (Here is where I blame her and her mom for my Sonic related issues.)

By default her kids are Sonic lovers as well, as is Happy.

The other day, Happy saw a Sonic cup in our living room (filled with water, NOT my magical elixir, thank.you.very.much) and turned to me and said, "Sassy and Jenksy?!?!"

I think he has figured out that a visit with Maranimal and crew always involves a Sonic drink for either herself or myself.   Usually both.

Here is recent proof.

One Sonic cup spotted.

Two Sonic cups spotted!

Please be sure to visit Kira's Fess Up Friday post.  It is always a treat!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Bribery to poop is an all-too familiar experience. I shudder to think what my neighbours overhear on our baby monitor too.

    ReplyDelete