shabby 4

Friday, December 23, 2011

Gettin' Crafty with the Kiddos

This week, Maranimal and I got our broods together to do a somewhat organized, intentional activity.

Neither Maranimal or I are particularly organized.  Or intentional.  (Except maybe when it comes to Sonic.) But we persevered and had ourselves a little activity for the kids. 

Here is the original idea:

http://www.aokcorral.com/projects/how2nov2007.htm

Please go look at it.  Because the picture won't load on my blog.  And it is making me nutty.  Well, nuttier than usual.

Did you look?  I'm not messing around here, people. 

Ok, good.  Glad you listened.

Moving on.  Now we are realists, if not possibly pessimists, and knew our versions would be nothing like that.  But it's nice to reach for the stars, isn't it?

Chili happily listening to the story of the birth of Jesus.

Child (Maranimal's sister) kindly helping us with our adventure.

Jensky loved the eating portion of the craft.

Lil Miss swiped Sassy's blue candycane.  You can't tell, can you?

She was thrilled about her score and the fact that I didn't take it away from her.

Sassy's proud of her project.  Sassy's quote of the day?  Mary looks delicious, but I won't eat her.


Jenksy's Stable and Manger.  He ate it all, save the walls of the stable.  See the two marshmallows and gum drop? That's Baby Jesus.  And that was Jenksy's third or fourth Baby Jesus we had to make for him.  Because he kept eating them.


What a great day with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment