shabby 4

Friday, August 3, 2012

Glimmers


Most days as a parent, I pretty much am keenly aware of all the things I'm not doing well.  Or the things the kids are doing too much of (tv) or too little of (veggies).

Yesterday morning, I was trying to hurry to make an appointment.  I was doing all the last minute scurrying and Little Miss started crying in the other room.  This is not unusual.  I could tell it was more of a disgruntled cry than a something-is-really-wrong cry.  So, I did my typical, "What's wrong, sweetie?" and "I'll be right there" lines while I quickly trying to get everything together.

I went to check on her a minute later and I saw Happy holding her head and leaning in towards her.  At first, I thought he had her in a headlock.  But as I got closer, I could hear him saying something quietly to her and then he said an exuberant, "Amen!". 

I realized he was praying for her because she was upset. How precious.

When I don't know how to comfort my children or I can't get them to calm down, I just pray for them. Happy was doing the same for Little Miss.

It was a sweet glimmer of hope and an encouragement to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment