I know it is not Friday, but consider this an early entry to next Friday's Fess Up and not a late entry to yesterday's.
I have lamented about Hub's plaid blanket in the past. I hate it. However, I may have to change my tune towards it. A couple of weeks ago, during a frigid week, I had taken "my" blanket (since Hubs and I are unable to share blankets) from our bed to our couch downstairs to watch some cartoons with Happy one morning. When I went upstairs to bed that night, I had forgotten my blanket. It was a sad realization. I didn't want to go back downstairs to get it. Neither did Hubs. So, gasp, I stole the plaid blanket from Hubs that night. Even gaspier? He let me. What a sweet man.
On some days when I am getting a little stir crazy (read: everyday), I take the kids driving in search of trains (after our requisite trip to Sonic, of course). Following the roads near the train tracks lends itself to some interesting, um, scenery in the housing department.
One of my favorite sites was an abandoned trailer park with a bubba gump shrimp boat type trailer/mobile home thingy. It was awesome. Basically, it was like a large boat that had been converted into a home. It was overgrown with vines and mildew. I kept wanting to take a picture of it, but I couldn't get the nerve up to stop the car to take the picture.
As you can imagine, I was devastated two weeks ago when I looked over at the trailer park on our drive and the boat was gone! I keep looking for it to magically reappear since it so magically disappeared. Sadly, it has not. I am starting to think it was just a vision.
I even tried to google pics of something similar to it and apparently it was truly one of a kind because there are no pics on google (you know, in my extensive 5 minute google search) that accurately depicts its loveliness. Or even comes close.
Sad day.
If you ever do manage to take or find a pic of the boat home, I'd love to see it!!
ReplyDeleteLovely to see you all today :)
~D