I thought about it as I drove to the hospital today. And that the verse is true whether Dad's circumstances improve or not. Whether Dad comes through this or doesn't. I have new mercies to deal with the situation.
When I first got to the hospital this morning, things seemed about the same, if not a little worse. They were having trouble finding his pulse, the daily chest xray was worse, his fluid output wasn't great, etc.
He is more stable today for them to move him to do some xrays. They will be looking to see if he has a blood clot in his lung as well some other things I can't remember. They have confirmed that he has some clots in other parts of the body; a clot in the lung would explain why he still has a lot of fluid in his lungs and why he is not recovering well. They are confident that he has some form of a lung injury in addition to the pneumonia. They just need to figure out more details on that injury.
There is increased bacteria today, which is not super. They are bringing in an infectious disease doctor to "just get another set of eyes" on his situation. His chest xray looks worse.
My friend's husband is a surgeon at the hospital and Dad was on his rounds today. He came by and saw us (my friend had already mentioned him trying to come by and see us). He was kind and as reassuring as one could be. It was just nice to feel like you sort of kind of knew someone.
Also, Brandon set up a Nook tablet so that mom and I could use it at the hospital. Mom is thrilled to be able to play solitaire (and the like) games on it. I think it helped break up the boredom and monotony for her. It's pretty much impossible to focus enough to read, but solitaire is a perfect time waster.
Many friends and family members have been offering to help me with the kids and meals. Many also have expressed that they are praying and are faithful to check in on us. I am so thankful for that. So very thankful.
I truly believe that any improvements he had today are because of God's mercy and answered prayers. Prayers said from friends and family. From you. Thank you. (and please keep them coming!)
I'll keep you posted.
In the meantime, please pray for the following:
Testing to go ok today. That the physical test does not upset Dad's fragile state. Mom had to sign a consent form in order for them to proceed to do testing.
For answers from the tests and a plan to help him improve.
For the infectious disease doctor to not find anything alarming.
For quality rest for both mom and myself.
For kind nurses. We have had pretty much nothing but kind nurses. I pray that continues.





No comments:
Post a Comment