shabby 4

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Eat That Frog?

Have you guys heard of following Mark Twain quote:
“Eat a live frog every morning, and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.”
????

I was an English Lit Major in college (shocking, no?) and most definitely do not remember hearing that quote.  Not that I read every single thing Mark Twain wrote, but we SURE DID READ A LOT OF STUFF.  Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of pages a week.  Seriously. And, oh the dissertations essays!

Advice to the young 'uns out there: Never take 4 literature classes in the same semester!  There is just not enough time to read everything and write all the dissertations essays.  That is, unless you give up sleeping, eating, and showering.  And possibly breathing.

Anyways, the frog quote. I have seen it on some organizational/motivational blogs off and on for a couple of years.  And I just don't agree. Or get it.

Plus, I am a vegetarian. It goes against my values.

For instance, my kids went to my in-laws house today. A perfect opportunity to get things done. This is what my living room looks like right now.




Except kinda not.  I mean, the mess is definitely there.  But all the pictures are reversed/mirrored of how to room really looks for some reason(??).

Honestly, it would just take 5 minutes or less to clean up.  But I am just not up for the task at this moment.  I typically keep a very tidy house and do the bulk of it at night, after the kids are in bed.  I was not home last night to tidy up because I was at that class being reminded of how unwise and undiscerning I am.  

UPDATE: I could not bear to write anymore about the room and I cleaned it up. Less than 5 minutes, plus I started the dishwasher, wiped the kitchen counters, and moved a load of laundry.

Darn that frog.  Am I still considered a vegetarian?

2 comments:

  1. i remember the semester you took 4 lit classes. mercy! and where are your after pictures??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it just mean that if you do something terribe at the start of your day that you know things can only get better from then on? Maybe I am missing something?

    ReplyDelete