shabby 4

Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday, Monday

Well, our 5 month old is going through that phase where she fights sleep but yet it exhausted.  Currently, she is in her crib crying/screaming after napping approximately 17 minutes.  I checked on her, reassured her, and am now letting her try to soothe herself back to sleep.  I am trying to distract myself from the screaming by posting a blog entry :)

I have been trying to take care of something in particular for our finances off and on for a month.  It involves calling the not-so helpful customer service line at a certain financial institution, which is really the cause for my delay.  I finally garnered the strength, determination and courage to call the not-so kind customer service line today.  I was warned by automated robot lady that the wait time would be 5 minutes.  After 27 minutes on hold, they finally picked up.  And then I was immediately disconnected.  I think it might be a ploy of theirs.  I couldn't bring myself to call back to be on hold listening to the same 7 second musical loop again.  I'll try again later in the week.  Maybe.

There is a local law firm that does lawsuits and advertises themselves heavily as that being their "specialty".  You know the kind, right?  They advertise their assistance on tv for your grave and tragic accident and how you deserve hundreds of thousands in settlements.  Anyways, I saw a billboard on the expressway with clever texting lingo that said, "B safe Dn't txt n drv" (or some variation of that) with the sketchy legal firm's logo and phone number.  The massive irony is that they want you to do that very thing so that you can then be sued by their company and client they are representing after you cause an accident by texting and driving.  Vry snky.

Update: Said screaming child is now lying next to me. Smiling and grinning.  She's got me played.

On a brighter note, I got some more brussels sprouts at the grocery last night and just cooked them during the kids' supposed nap time to hopefully reduce possible poopy hand incidents during the witching HOURS to come later this afternoon.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment