A little less than 5 years ago, when Hubs and I were newly married, the house next door to us was for sale. (This is the house of whom we now know to be Michelle, courtesy of nutty 'nice).
We noticed that the “for sale” sign was gone and assumed someone would be moving in shortly. I hoped to meet them and know when they moved in.
Well, be careful what you wish for, right?
One Saturday around lunchtime, Hubs and I were coming home from running errands. We turned into the neighborhood and saw this:
Can’t tell what it is? Let’s try this closer image:
At first glance, it appears to be a moving truck backing into a driveway. Normal stuff, right?
We kind of wondered why there were so many cars parked on the street but assumed someone was having a party.
WELL, we drive closer trying to get home only to realize the moving truck is parked (or abandoned?) in the middle of the street. No people near the moving van. No people appear to be at the house. No quickly scratched note taped to the truck offering an explanation or a “sorry for the massive inconvenience but the truck died.” Or “we could have put it in neutral and moved it slightly so that cars could squeeze by but decided not to. haha!”
Nothing.
We start to clue in that the half of a mile of cars lined up on the road are all the people’s cars who live further down the street, past the moving truck, but cannot get to their house. They had to park and walk to their house! To the very end of the neighborhood is another half of a mile. Quite the unexpected exercise for some of our neighbors.
And what about the people with cars on the other side of the van? There is only one entrance/exit to our neighborhood. They were stuck in the neighborhood, blocked by the truck. You couldn’t even pull up on the grass to go around because there are utility polls and trees blocking the way on both sides of the street.
This truck stayed abandoned through the evening. We never saw them come and move it, but I can only assume that there are neighbors who wonder WHAT THE HECK they were doing for the 8 plus hours that the truck blocked our neighborhood. Out to dinner? Shopping? Exploring the new area? are simply curious as to the details. Not me, but you know, "neighbors."
Surely there is an interesting behind the scenes story there, right?
Yes, this was Michelle and her family moving in. I do like the family from the little interaction we have had. I think they tried to keep a low profile for the first few months they were there. That, or they just think we're weird and tried to avoid us.
I guess I will never know the story behind the story.
First things first... How did you learn how to make your blog so adorable!!? I love it and I want help making mine cute too!!!
ReplyDeleteSecondly... you totally can learn the behind the scenes story - just ask Michelle!! Come on...be brave - inquiring minds want to know!!