
Be sure to visit Kira's blog to check out other Fess Ups. I particularly appreciated her honest and poignant Fess Up this week.
So, I don't have a lot of time as I am in the throes of potty training (Well, not me. Happy is. Surely you knew what i meant), but I wanted to post some quick funnies/moments of desperation as of late.
One morning recently, I was leaving the house to go to a friend's house. Naturally it is challenging to get myself and the kids ready, all in one piece.
Something felt a bit off in the ear region as I was leaving our neighborhood.
Do you see it? I have two earrings in one earring hold. A silver and a brown one. Lovely.
---
On another note, Lil Miss has been fighting the whole nap thing lately. Again.
She screams but is not hungry or wet or anything. She just doesn't want to nap. I let her cry for a little while, but once I notice it starting to wake up Happy, I go in and try to help her settle down.
On this particular day, she was inconsolable. And my patience was tested. Greatly.
Here I am hiding in my bed, with a pillow over my head and white noise blaring in my ear to block out some of the agony. I sent a SOS text to Hubs and Maranimal. I was over the edge. I failed the patience test that day.
---
This week, I was
Anywho, I was also kind of excited it was the last class because they told us on the first week of class that there were significant prizes (like possible gift cards) for a few of those who did their "secret homework" each week.
Simmer down, people. Secret homework just consisted of trying to be more encouraging to your husband, more respectful, etc. I stuck with the secret homework for the incentive of a possible prize (Oh, yeah! And also, the appreciation of Hubs. I can't forget that!)
I drove to our last class this past Tuesday only to find a locked door to our classroom.
Apparently the last class was the prior week. The ONE week I skipped.
Did I mention we live about 45 minutes from church? And that we have to practically move heaven and earth in order for Hubs to get home early enough for me to leave to get to class in time? And that it is during peak traffic time? It is no easy feat for me to get to class.
I left for class at 6 pm. I got home at 7:45. All I did was drive there, find the locked classroom, drive back.
Fun times.


You are so sweet. Seriously.
ReplyDeleteAnd you and me have waaaaaay to much in common. It kind of freaks me out.
Love the two earrings in the hole, and hiding under a pillow during naptime. I've so done that. Only I think I was in a closet hiding behind the coats, trying not to scream.
Man, kudos for you for even TRYING to get to Bible study when it's that far away. I can't ever seem to make it and my church is only like 10. I'm curious~ what book were you guys going through?