shabby 4

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hot Tea and Plaid Blankets

Sweet Hubs and I went out tonight.   It was fun to have time just with him. I ordered hot tea with my dinner.  Which is caffeine overload for me. (Sonic sodas just don't pack the same caffeine punch.) I am still riding on that wave of caffeine many hours later. I fear I won't be falling asleep for hours and am not even sure Benadryl could knock me out at this point.  Even a double-dose.

And Hubs broke out the much-hated plaid blanket.  Because it is only mid 90s with like 85% humidity. So, you know, frigid. And ever-so necessary.

On another note, we are finally getting our privacy fence installed tomorrow!

How do you know when you are old?  When you are excited about a fence, my friends.

More what I am excited about it keeping the weird behavior of neighborhood kids (and adults) out of our yard.  I have seen many disturbing things in our yard over the years.

Recently, I have come across barbie's leg, barbie's shaved head, spiderman's leg, and garfield's head. We have had clogged gutters with (toy) car parts.  I have witnessed a young man running shirtless through our yard as if he was running from something (like the law!).

It's time to keep the crazy out, people.

Or at least the crazy that doesn't live here. And for that, I am ecstatic.

2 comments:

  1. I am excited about your fence too! Maybe it's old age, maybe it's a natural aversion to barbie parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garfield is creepy with or without a head. I say it is time to get your fence on!!

    ReplyDelete