So, I decided to take some time to link to Joyce's hodgepodge. To distract myself.
It's a question and answer kind of thing. Her questions. My answers. For kicks and grins, I guess.

1. If you could work for any one government agency which would you choose and why?
Well, my able-bodied neighbor Roger collects disability. So, that sounds like something I would be interested in.
Do nothing, get something? Sure. Sign me up.
2. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize?
Well, I am human and quite sinful. So, it can be challenging. But I know God calls us to forgive. I can forgive by His grace and because of His forgiveness of my own sin. He who has been forgiven much forgives much.
3. What is your favorite meatless supper?
I am a vegetarian, so everything I eat is meat-free. Lately I have been a touch obsessed with brussels sprouts, collard greens, broccoli, and sauteed tofu and garlic.
Fun fact: My husband is very much NOT a vegetarian. When we got married, he ate the following items: bread, meat, cheese, and dessert. He would only eat spinach if it was in spinach artichoke dip or lettuce if it was drenched with caesar dressing. That was pretty much the extent of his diet.
I don't buy or cook dead things meat. And I am QUITE intolerant and allergic to cheese and milk. I get sick. Like, I had to go to the hospital on our honeymoon because I apparently ate something with cheese in it. And I couldn't stop throwing up. That was super fun.
So, it has been quite a challenge making food that I eat and that my husband would like. Hubs has been a trooper and is willing to try new foods, for the most part.
One of his most hated foods is mushrooms. One of my most beloved? Also mushrooms. Portabella mushrooms. Yum.
4. Wednesday, August 10th is National Lazy Day...will you be celebrating? If so tell us how so we can be lazy too.
I am sitting down to type this. That is probably the extent of the lazy for my day.
Lazy would be one of the last words I think anyone would use to describe me. Though, I am gifted in procrastination. But I view the two as very different. My type-A readers would disagree. To their scoffing, I would say that I get overwhelmed (see beginning of blog for reference) with mentally harder tasks and just kind of shut down in regards to those tasks all the while rapidly doing the more mentally manageable tasks.
5. As a child did you have any special back to school traditions and if so, what were they? If you're a parent have you continued those traditions with your own children?
My sweet mom would take me to buy some new clothes and school supplies. We particularly enjoyed shopping for those things together. It's probably part of where my school-supply weakness originated.
My kids are not of school-age yet, but I would like to homeschool them if possible. So, I am not yet sure what traditions we may instill.
6. Write a summer tongue twister.
Um, this would be one of those places where I procrastinate. More mental bandwidth is required for this than I currently have.
7. Would you be interested in observing a surgery or do you turn away when the nurse pulls out the needle?
No. Thank. You. Never.
The nurse and needle isn't a problem for me. But guts? Yuck.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We need to replace our washer and dryer. So I have been shopping around and researching it. The one thing I really want is a large capacity washer. Without the agitator thing in the middle of the basin.
Because I have been looking around and seeing the (wonderfully huge) models available, our current washer looks super tiny now. I am dreaming of days to come with that larger capacity washer. I honestly think I could easily fit my whole body in some of the larger capacity basins. Our current washer? I don't even think my legs could fit.
And, yes, I feel like a total dork being excited about the aforementioned larger basins. And I'm more than ok with that.
Glad you joined the fun! Thanks for reading along at my site :)
ReplyDeleteHope the blahs leave you soon.
And what the heck do you eat, girl? No meat, no cheese, no milk?? Ahhh!