shabby 4

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Funny Tales of Mr Happy as of Late

This is more for me to remember than anything, but I have found Happy exceptionally humorous as of late. I do realize that people often think their kid is funnier, smarter, cuter, etc than other kids and fully acknowledge that tendency.

But, Happy?  He truly is.  To me, anyways.

Here's a sampling of recent funtivities.

Today, we were at the store and the kids were on the brink of a meltdown.  In a panic, I gave Happy my phone to keep him occupied for the last 3 minutes while I paid for our items.  He started laughing hysterically.  He likes to laugh (hence, his pen name), so I didn't think too much of it at first.  But when he starting practically falling out of the shopping cart laughing, I finally looked to see what he was doing on my phone.

He had found his way into my photo/video library and was repeatedly watching a video I had taped of him dancing to music.  His "dancing" includes spinning in circles until he is so dizzy he just collapses.

I just love that he found himself hilarious.  It's a gift to not take yourself too seriously.

---

Another funny (and smart, I think) thing happened last night.  I was pushing him and Lil Miss on the swing.  Happy likes to do the following while he swings: He says the ABC's, counts to 20, and then lists everyone important in his immediate circle.  In that order.  Always.  Much like the Pavlov Dog Cookie Monster happenings.

The list of important people includes family members, family pets, friends, and some key characters in his life.  You know, Elmo, Thomas the Train, Lightning McQueen, etc.

I have two brother-in-laws. Or is it brotherS-in-law?  Anyways, one of them is named Jay.  When Happy got to the part where he lists Jay in his important people list, he got a slightly confused look on his face and then said, "K, L, M" ? He appeared to be confused as to why a letter ("J") was someone's name.

-----

Happy tends to be loud.  What 2 year old isn't, I guess?  Whenever Lil Miss is sleeping and we are near her room, I quietly tell him, "Shhh..." and put my index finger over my mouth, training him to be respectful when others are sleeping and need quiet.

Well, that has evolved into him letting me know when she is asleep in the car or in her infant carrier at the store by saying, "Shhh..." and putting his index finger over his mouth.  It starts out with a quiet and simple enough "Shhh..." and, if I am not watchful, turns very quickly into an ever-increasingingly loud, "SSSSSHHHHHHHH" and then rocking her violently in her car seat.  The whole purpose of the "Shhh" becomes null and void when he is so loud and violent with her when he wakes her up.  He is attempting to be sweet, but I don't think it always sweet for her to be abruptly woken up.

Happy Tuesday, my friends!

'licious





2 comments:

  1. Oh he is funny and insanely smart! (not to mention handsome and adorable and sweet and kind and, and, and....) He's going to be quite the catch for one of my girls one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh. this is so sweet. It makes me happy. I'm glad happiness is contagious.

    ReplyDelete