...with my unnecessary commentary.
I'm a fan of lists. Is it obvious yet?
1. I saw a tow truck hauling a hearse down the interstate. I couldn't help but wonder if the hearse broke down before or after it's job was done. And if the hearse was occupied.
2. Seen on a church sign:
Jesus Saves.
Obama Spends.I laughed out loud. Not just because one is spiritual and the other is fiscal or because it was in a fairly liberal part of town and seemed gravely out of place, but also because that was not at all what I was expecting.
I was also taken aback by the statement. Just a touch harsh, no?
I was expecting something more fluffy and cheesy like this:
3. At the local Barnes and Nobles, I saw a sign that read, "New in History."
It is hard to believe that wasn't caught by quality control personnel concerning oxymorons. Surely they have a position for that? Maybe Creed was in charge of that one.
4. My husband threatened the flannel blanket a few days ago. When I was out running errands an hour prior, my car thermometer read 90 degrees. And it was so humid that our windows in our house were fogged up with moisture. But he claimed that he was "so cold!!"
5. I saw a minivan with a vehicle wrap advertising BudLight on it yesterday. I wouldn't think that would be the demographic BudLight was going for. Maybe they are trying to tap into the mom circuit?
probably the women driving those vans need a beer more than most! Love this post.
ReplyDeleteI think I'll get the flannel blanket out for that comment.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking the same thing Janie posted... we moms need a nice cold one every now and then!
ReplyDeleteHILARIOUS! Your list rocks. Church signs, in general, make me crazy!
ReplyDeleteFlannel blanket?!? What is WRONG with him?
ReplyDeleteI know who you are, "mr. Anonymous"
ReplyDelete