
Joining in again...it's sort of therapeutic. You know, therapeutic in the sense that you proclaim your neuroses to the vortex that is the internet and they laugh at you (or pity you) and move on.
I am continuing the list format from last week's 'Fess Up Friday.
6. I have a weakness for pregnancy tests. I can't leave one alone in the house. It just beckons me to pee on it. Kind of like the Friends episode where Chandler uses all of Monica's ovulation tests. But not really. Because I actually could be pregnant or ovulating. Chandler? Not so much.
7. I was proud of the fact that I managed to leave one alone for more than a month.
8. For the sake of research for the blog, I took it. I know my 2 readers were counting on me. It was a sacrifice I was willing to make.
9. No, I'm not.
10. And, yes, we would be thrilled if I was. Children are a blessing; a messy and tiring blessing, but a blessing nonetheless.
11. I also have a weakness for storage containers and other organizational products, which is ironic because I am anything but organized.
12. I think I am so attracted to those organizational items because they represent hope and possibility to me.
13. Until there are so many unused organizational items that I need something to organize them all.
14. I also have a weakness for school supplies. Fresh pens, journals, pencils, etc. I think I also hold out the hope that these fresh supplies will make me feel more together.
15. Maybe I should get a new storage container to hold them?
7. I was proud of the fact that I managed to leave one alone for more than a month.
8. For the sake of research for the blog, I took it. I know my 2 readers were counting on me. It was a sacrifice I was willing to make.
9. No, I'm not.
10. And, yes, we would be thrilled if I was. Children are a blessing; a messy and tiring blessing, but a blessing nonetheless.
11. I also have a weakness for storage containers and other organizational products, which is ironic because I am anything but organized.
12. I think I am so attracted to those organizational items because they represent hope and possibility to me.
13. Until there are so many unused organizational items that I need something to organize them all.
14. I also have a weakness for school supplies. Fresh pens, journals, pencils, etc. I think I also hold out the hope that these fresh supplies will make me feel more together.
15. Maybe I should get a new storage container to hold them?
Smiling because I was holding my breath until I read #9... wondering which way the blessed news would unfold :)
ReplyDeleteGrinning now because I've told hubby, "Staples (the office supply store) are *my* kind of people!! Everything is organized and labeled, it's all in it's place and everybody knows where everything is!" It had been one of those tough, chaotic days at work. Standing in the middle of Staples, I found myself breathing easier and just wanting to stay for a bit among "my people"... :) Smiling, too, because I'm not as organized here at home as I would like to be either!
Love ya, Deb
Zoe, it worked as "anonymous" (hadn't tried that yet) - yay!! For whatever reason, I'm still unable to post thru my Google Account. It keeps taking me to the sign in screen, which I do and when I try to post it from there, back it sends me to the sign up screen.
ReplyDeleteNo worries, sis,...I'll just keep being anonymous! :)
Deb
I am SO GLAD you posted on Kira's blog today!!!!
ReplyDeleteYour points about the pregnancy test crack me up. I especially love the line about feeling beckoned to pee on them. Too funny!
Also, I am just like you with the organizational supplies. Notebooks, notepads, post-it's, clear plastic shoe boxes, accordian files, large tubs - I apparently need them all. Haha.
Can't wait to read the rest of your blog!
I am so glad to know that I am not the only one who can't resist a pregnancy test. On April Fool's day I told everyone on my blog I was pregnant as my April's Fool's joke. Then my period was two weeks late. My husband had the Big V after our last baby but I still convinced myself that I was most definitely pregnant. I even started to have some 'symptoms' until I finally went and bought a test. Spoiler alert: I wasn't pregnant. I did enjoy taking that test though, just for old time's sake.
ReplyDeleteI am super unorganized but I continue to buy organizational supplies as well. I know exactly what you mean about it feeling hopeful, like if I just bring home this one clear plastic tub, all my troubles will be solved. Do you think the organized people have this problem? Probably not *sigh*
Loved your list, and that you came and linked with me today! Sorry that the html wasn't working, but next time after you paste it into your post, try switching between the HTML and Compose modes real quick. That's what I do and it always converts the HTML to the image for me. Otherwise, even if it looks like HTMl to you when you're writing your post, it should convert it when you publish the post. Let me know if that doesn't work for you next time!
LOLLLL! I love that you have an obsession to pee on pregnancy sticks!! Cracked me UP! And I needed a LOL tonight!
ReplyDeleteOrganization container addiction? Ya, me too... BUT, I do have my unused office supplies in a few!! LOL Love it!