shabby 4

Friday, July 8, 2011

'Fess Up Friday

Photobucket

I am intrigued by 'Fess Up Friday and feeling in the mood to join in.

I find a list is most appropriate for my randomness.

1. My friend, Jessica, came to hang out at my house today. She arrived at 10:30am. What was I doing? Making pasta with garlic, broccoli, and tomatoes. For breakfast....

I could justify my behavior with the following explanation:

I made oatmeal for myself earlier this morning but my 2 year old, who has ONLY been consuming cheerios for the last two days, decided he wanted to try my oatmeal. I let him have it, happy for him to eat something other than cheerios. Things got a little crazy after that, so I didn't have a chance to make anything else for myself for a couple of hours. Then, when I had the chance to make some more food, pasta with broccoli and tomatoes sounded divine. I wanted asparagus as well, but we didn't have any.

But I won't. You've already judged me. And I am ok with that.
2. There are many out there who are all for "breakfast for dinner." I have never been a fan of such, but am definitely a fan of dinner for breakfast. Or anything random for breakfast, really. I have been know to eat egg rolls soaked in soy sauce, chinese food, rice, chocolate, turnip greens, collard greens, sauteed tofu, avocados, tomatoes, and edamame for breakfast. This is by no means an exhaustive list.

3. I am totally obsessed with brussels sprouts lately. I can NOT get enough of them. I keep thinking of when I will be able to go to the store and buy some more yumminess and roast 'em up!

Mmm...distracted again by the thought of their yumminess. I am thinking a grocery store run is necessarily after kids get up from their naps!

And a Sonic trip. My favorite carhop is working today!

4. One day this week, I managed to not notice for a few hours that I had my underwear on backwards. Not inside out. Backwards.

Yes, I am still scratching my head at that one as well.

5. I had to correct said backwards underwear in a public stall. Because it took being kid-free in a public stall for me to realize my dilemma.


4 comments:

  1. Oh you're funny. I like you. The fact that you not only have a favorite carhop but know their schedule is very entertaining. I once had my underwear on SIDEWAYS (with my body through a leg hole) for a whole day before I realized. I thought I had just gained ten pounds.

    All your talk of collard greens and brussell sprouts made me want to be much healthier and learn how to eat me some greens. I do love brussell sprouts though so it won't be a hardship. Is this brussell sprout season? Is NOW the time to be eating them? I have got to get a schedule for these kinds of things so I don't miss out. I have a recipe for creamed brussell sprouts and they are divine. I'm sure the 'creamed' part kind of cancels out the healthy though. Oh well!

    Thanks so much for linking up with me today, I'm so glad you joined in. Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that is too funny. I have no idea where I found you...just lucky I guess. I must have clicked on you from a comment you mad on a blog I read too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But didn't your undies FEEL wrong?! Ha! You were right on pics-they were from my phone. Was it you who was asking about WWF? I am taylorm1981
    Taylor (Lumberjack's Wife)

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, first off, who knew you blogged? second, you are hilarious. love this side of you that is lurking in the quietness. :) and dinner/lunch for breakfast is a norm in my house. i do it all the time. love you, friend.

    ReplyDelete