shabby 4

Friday, August 5, 2011

'Fess Up Friday

Photobucket

Well.

It is going to be an interesting day.

I have an unrelenting migraine.  And I am due to go to one of those local kids indoor jumping/play places with the kids and some friends.  I think today is the last weekday before all the local kids go back to school, so I can only assume it will be extra insane with parents and kids wanting one last fun outing.

Because of said migraine and the trip to the local crazy house jumping/play place, I took my magic elixir.

Yes, the same one that made me fall asleep in church.  2 benadryl and 2 tylenol.  I am not sure who I am more concerned for-the kids or myself.

Speaking of my magical elixir, let me tell you something that was happening to me when Happy was about 9 months old.

I was having a season of migraines (they typically appear when the weather is changing or extra wacky or lots of atmospheric pressure changes) and I was just totally worn out from them.  I was nursing Happy at the time, so again, I was limited in what pain medicines I could take.

Because I was in such unrelenting pain for about a week or two, I was taking the benadryl and tylenol combo at times.

(For those who err on the side of worry-I only take both of those when absolute necessary.  It's not just a willy nilly thing.)

Now that we have that cleared up, let's move on, shall we? Ok.

So, I was super tired from the migraine but I was also just insanely exhausted.  Like I could hardly walk.

Yes.

And, I had made sure I wasn't pregnant (you know me and my love for pregnancy tests!  I'll jump on any excuse to take one).

I wasn't sure what was wrong, but I just pushed through it.  What else could I do, really?

A week or so later, I was at Target buying some more pain medicine and then it all became crystal clear.

It appears that previously, I had accidentally bought generic Tylenol PM.  So, when I was taking both my tylenol and benadryl, I was double dosing myself on benadryl!

Can you imagine what a double dose of benadryl is like?

I can.

It's not pretty. Trust me.

Read the label carefully, my friends.  Very Carefully.

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, that's funny in a kind of mortifying way :) Glad you're okay!

    SO sorry about the migraines, though. I only get them very rarely, but last week I had one that felt like getting hit with a semi truck. I had to call my husband home from work and I literally couldn't move except to toss my cookies every so often. Horrible. Absolutely horrible.

    I sure hope you're feeling better soon! I hate to tell you this, but jumpy/bouncy house places aren't great for migraines :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you hear about your migraines. I had a minor one this week, too. I have struggled with them for YEARS. Hope you get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete